Redemption by Jussi Adler Olsen


Synopsis :

Two boys, brothers, wake tied and bound in a boathouse by the sea. Their kidnapper has gone, but soon he will return. Their bonds are inescapable. But there is a bottle and tar to seal it. Paper and a splinter for writing; blood for ink. A message begging for help.

In Copenhagen's cold cases division Carl Mørck has received a bottle. It holds an old and decayed message, written in blood. It is a cry for help from two boys. Is it real? Who are they and why weren't they reported missing? Can they possibly still be alive?



This is what I say :

This title is also known as A Conspiracy of a Faith, the third title in the series featuring detective Carl Morck.  It is however, the second book that I read right after this.

Redemption is better than Disgrace.  Perhaps I am getting more used to the characters, which can make the book better, but then I am still have not endeared myself to them.  Indeed, detective Carl Morck's team is a rather 'odd' bunch with Asard who is a Syrian with plenty of secrets and Rose who seems to have split personality?  But I am rather curious about them so I will certainly move on to the next title, Mercy real soon.

Again, like Disgrace, readers are introduced to the perpetrator right on the onset of the story in Redemption. The thrill is how the investigation closes the gap between the perpetrator and the police and how he ended up getting caught at the end.  There are a lot of luck I would say, rather than skills so in a way, the story is a bit far-fetch but then, it's fiction after all so what's my problem?! hahah...

Anyway, I will certainly continue with the other titles that I have in this series but perhaps will take a break for the tile being and move on to other authors for now.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg