Reflection 2020

 

A basic simple light for a basic simple year

The year 2020 will go down in history as an extremely unusual year.  It's a year where almost everything stop..not just locally but globally...all due to something we cannot see with our naked eyes.

2020 will be remembered as year of Covid 19.  I will remember it as a year where I am not able to travel at all.  Who would have thought that the last day trip I made in December last year to Kuala Lumpur would be the last trip I would have for the year.  Who would have thought that the last family trip to Shanghai would be the last trip we took as a family in quite a while.  We were supposed to attend a wedding towards end March 2020, a graduation ceremony in Sept 2020 and I have a couple of places I intend to travel to either solo trip or with friends and family this year.  All 'tak jadi' as the local would say it...not successful.

Anyway, it's still a year where I would count my blessings...from good health to good job to good relationships and time spent with family and supportive and positive friends and circle of contact.  In all things I give thanks, so thank you for a good year.

This year I read a total of 40 books. Out of these, 13 books are electronic and 27 books are actual physical books.  That means I average about slightly more than 3 books per month. 1 book takes about slightly more than 1 week which is not too bad for someone whom I think is watching far much K-drama than reading.  Imagine if I don't watch any k-drama, I think I would have read more titles this year due to the control order (MCO) imposed in my city/country due to the pandemic which created some time bubbles here and there over a period of time..

What are my favourite read?  The top titles would be the three titles by Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Suns and And The Mountains Echoed)

The Shape of Snakes was a rather unexpectedly nice read.  However, the other title The Chameleon's Shadow also by the same author was nice but wasn't that good.

Purple Queen Fairy bought 8 books this year (all pre-loved) and will end the year with 55 posts for the year.  It's 5 posts less than year 2019 but it's still quite a consistent number of posting.

With that I shall end my reflection for this year.  It is an extremely unusual year. One that the world has not encounter before but pray-fully the whole experience will make each of us stronger....physically, mentally and also spiritually..whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger says Kate Perry. It is quite true.

While I have friends who can't wait for 2020 to be over, I on the other hand would like to hold on to 2020 as much as I can as I felt that it went by too fast.  And much as others dislike 2020 for what it represents generally to the world, I would like to say thank you for 2020 and be grateful to it.

I pray for a better year in 2021 for myself, my family, friends and for everyone as well.

Stay safe. Much love from my books and I.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books