Book Purchase #3 for 2020

 


Book purchase number three are actually the four copies of Harry Porter titles in order for me to complete the series under my collection.

I have been wanting to collect the whole series for quite a while...and the reason it's been taking me quite a while is because I have certain conditions :

    1. The books must be under bloomsbury publication with the classic cover

    2. They must be pre-loved copies

    3. They must be reasonable priced.

The story of my collection goes like this :

I started with one copy in my collection. Harry Porter and Order of the Pheonix.  I can't remember where I bought it.  It was quite a few years ago.

Subsequently I managed to get hold of Prisoner of Akzeban and the Deathly Hallow and since then, my purchases has been stagnant for a couple of years.

Recently someone from my church wanted to sell her entire collection.  With the exception of one title, the rest are what I have been looking for but that would also means I would have duplication copies in my collection.

No problem! Just purchase first and purchased them I did. I dont want to dwell much on the purchase as it wasn't very pleasant and I didn't realised that the seller (someone I know) would be so unpleasant and I just want to totally forget the horrifying experience.  I was slightly regretful of making the purchase but all's done so let's move on.

I have also managed to sell of the duplicate copies and I have now the complete set of the Harry Porter series with me.  

One of the title is still not the edition I am looking for but I will keep my eye open to see if I can get hold of that particular title and sell of the current copy.

Thus, I will consider just four books purchased as I managed to sell of the extra ones (3 copies) and thus there's four new books added to my collection and thus the number of books purchased for the year is at 6 books.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg