Les Miserables by Victor Hugo



Happy New Year everyone.

I am having a great start to the new year.

I must quickly say that this is not an attempt to review Les Miserables, the novel by Victor Hugo.  Far by it.  This post is just to let you know where I have been disappearing to for the past few weeks.  You can say I have caught the Les Miz bug and I have been hooked, line and sinker.

I have downloaded the book in my tablet, downloaded the songs and practically live, breath and eat Les Miz for the past few weekends.  I count Jean Valjean, Fantine, Cossette, Javier, Marius, Eponine and Enjolras my personal friends for now! 

Currently I'm still in Part 1 - Just A Man of the novel. I don't know when I'll complete it but with 1800+ pages, I will certainly be still at it 'when tomorrow comes' and I probably need lots of 'one day more' to complete the book :) But I'm not complaining. I will take my time and come out for air once in a while.

However, the most unique situation is that I have not seen the movie yet!

On that note, let me go back to being 'on my own' now and leave you with my favourite song in the musical.  Just listen to Alfie Boe and Ramin Karimloo.  They were great as Valjean and Enjolras. 
Update : sorry, the video was taken down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg