Can you keep a secret? by Sophie Kinsella



Synopsis :

Meet Emma Corrigan, a young woman with a huge heart, an irrepressible spirit, and a few little secrets: Secrets from her boyfriend: I’ve always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. Secrets from her mother: I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom with Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben-Hur. Secrets she wouldn’t share with anyone in the world: I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is. Until she spills them all to a handsome stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger.…Until Emma comes face-to-face with Jack Harper, the company’s elusive CEO, a man who knows every single humiliating detail about her

Here I am, once again, with my Sophie Kinsella fix.  I thought I can do without her for quite a long time but obviously I can't last too long without a dose of what she has to offer now and then. I would think this is the 2nd time I read Can you keep a secret?

Like the rest of Sophie's heroine, Emma is both the girl next door or the simple ordinary girl from the street but yet it seems that she has certain charm that managed to captivate and draw the attention of even a stranger to the extend that he remembers all the secret that she told him in a moment of panic.  And the stranger turned out to be the head of the company she works for.  I mean how real is that that she doesn't even know how the head of the company she works for looks like, no matter how elusive he is.  I find it a bit unbelievable. 

Emma didn't warm up to me like Becky (Shopaholic Series) did. Even Samantha (Undomestic Goddess) and Lexi (Remember Me) fare better. I actually feel she's the weakest of all of Sophie's girls.

Likewise, I didn't really like the story but I guess I like it enough to read it two times but I don't think I'll do a third round of it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Silver Tears (Faye's Revenge #2) by Camilla Lackberg