Friday, September 11, 2026

Salvage by Keren David

 


Synopsis :

Aidan Jones was my brother. But I couldnt remember his face

Cass was adopted at an early age and life' been comfortable ever since - too comfortable, some might say.

I glance at the paper. There's a picture on the front page. I sit down and stare at Cass. It's her. My stolen sister.

Aidan's disrupted childhood has been spent shuttling between foster care and children's homes, with a brief disastrous return to his birth mother.

Their experiences couldn't be more different, but their paths are about to converge. Aidan manages to track down his lost sister, and they arrange a secret meeting.  But neither of them have really thought this through.

Can a broken family be salvaged?


This is what I say :

This is my first title since a couple of months ago.  I found this book while looking for some other titles. If I remember correctly, this book belongs to the princess. But I read it anyhow as I wanted to clear it from that section of THR titles.

I started this title on an Wednesday and I finish reading it on that Saturday.  

It was a ok title.  Wasn't bad. But doesnt have the wow factor also.

It's a title that wants readers to think after reading.  1 family (brother and sister). Lives disrupted by circumstances and choices not from their own making.  Started from the same root but moves on to different lives system. One was adopted. the other went into foster care.  

If you like to 'think and reflect' after reading, you can do a lot of 'thinking and reflecting' from this title. From their you can draw your own conclusion. Can what's broken be salvage?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Salvage by Keren David

  Synopsis : Aidan Jones was my brother. But I couldnt remember his face Cass was adopted at an early age and life' been comfortable eve...