Mercy by Jussi Adler-Olsen


Synopsis :

Carl Mørck used to be a good homicide detective. One of Copenhagen's best, in fact. Then a bullet almost took his life. Two of his colleagues weren't so lucky, and Carl, because he didn't draw his gun, blames himself. Now his erratic behaviour is going to cost him his job. It's just a matter of time.

So promotion is the last thing he expects. Newly created Department Q deals with 'cases of special focus'. His former colleagues think it's a joke - a home for hopeless cases. Carl, leading it, will fit right in. Except that his first case is that of missing politician Merete Lynggaard. She vanished five years ago. Everyone assumes she's dead. Everyone assumes it's a waste of time.



This is what I say :

This is the first title on the series which features homicide detective Carl Morck.  However, it's the third book that I read.

Let me get straight to it. I don't quite like this book.  There's parts that I like but there's part that I just skip over.  The story alternates between current investigation which was year 2007 and past incidents (when the lady first vanished) and readers were able to accompany the victim throughout her captivity.  

I still have a couple of titles by this author. I can't decide if I want to continue reading it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books