Inferno by Dan Brown


Synopsis :

Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon awakens in an Italian hospital, disoriented and with no recollection of the past thirty-six hours, including the origin of the macabre object hidden in his belongings.  With a relentless female assassin trailing them through Florence, he and his resourceful doctor, Sienna Brooks, are forced to flee. 

Embarking on a harrowing journey, they must unravel a series of codes, which are the work of a brilliant scientist whose obsession with the end of the world is matched only by his passion for one of the most influential masterpieces ever written, Dante Alighieri's The Inferno. 


This is what I say :

Other than the latest title, Origin, I have read all of Dan Brown's books, of course, with Da Vinci Code being my favourite as it was the first book of such nature that I read and it was very new then.  

However, I just realized that I have not reviewed the earlier titles as I must have read it way before I started this blog and the only title I have was The Lost Symbol which I read about eight years ago.  I didn't like The Last Symbol and I think it's one of his most weakest tittle but I quite like Inferno.  

Again, Inferno has Robert Langdon running all over a few cities/countries like Florence, Vienna and Istanbul, trying to solve a puzzle and it won't be a Dan Brown thriller if there's no one chasing after him.  This time round, it's the WHO and another secret private organisation.

It would not be a Robert Langdon if readers were not introduced to some of the great art, monuments and sculptures like the St Mark's Basilica, Palazzo Vecchio, Hagai Sophia Museum, Basilica Cistern, etc Places that I can only visit in the books.

After reading the book, I actually decided to watch the movie which stars Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon just to see the beautiful art and monuments mentioned in the book. I won't know how accurate the movie portrays these places unless I visit them one of these days :)

I have read as an e-book and I have the e-version of Origin with me too which I shall be reading next.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books