My Visit to the Big Bad Wolf Sales July 2018


Early this month the princess and I made plans to drop by the BBW Sales one of the weekdays.

However, it was a super busy work week for me that particular week and there are official dinners being planned for a few of the evenings and that particular evening was not spared.  I was very much conflicted as I am accountable and committed to work but at the same time, I am accountable and committed to a promise made.

AT the end of the day, I decided that I have been neglecting and not been spending much time with her for the past weeks and so I choose to keep to my promise.

Off we went after dinner to the much anticipated BBW Sales in Borneo 744.


It wasn't difficult to find with the help of Waze even though it's practically in the middle of no-where.  As the BBW sales is part of the Rainforest Fringe Festival, there were other events happening at the same venue but the night we went, the events were mostly over so it was rather quiet.  Everyone that were there were just there for the BBW Sales.


What's my experience?  Well, my expectation was high but reality was disappointing.  The hall was small (Popular Bookstores Sales was much bigger) and the selection miserable.

Maybe because we were there at on the final 4 days  (we went on Wed night and sales supposed to end on Sunday night), a lot of the books were sold out.

There was the Alex Riders series but we got the set from Bookalicous a few months ago.  There were odds and ends copies of various series  and quite a fair bit of box set but I wasn't into collecting box set so they did not appeal to me.


I know that BBW did say it's just a bite size but still, I wish they didn't bother as I felt they underestimate the readers here. I am not sure if these are leftovers or not from their KL Sales as I have never been to their KL Sales.

I felt like I have been promised a slice of cake and all I saw was not even a mouthful and I didn't even bother to eat as it wasn't the flavor of my liking.

We went home empty handed but it was a priceless bonding time.


Comments

  1. Good to spend some time with your princess but felt sorry for you walking home empty handed.

    I went on the 2nd day and it was packed with people. So crazy. Didn't much, mostly for the kids.

    Here's what happened in the Borneo 744 when we were there.

    https://kuchingnite.blogspot.com/2018/07/frame-and-stockyard.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the organiser tot Kuching folks dont read :) so they didn't bring in a lot as it's cost to them if a lot unsold. Hopefully next round they would bring in more! :) Hopefully there's a next round! hahah.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books