Save The Date by Jenny B Jones

Synopsis :


When Alex and Lucy pick out wedding invitations, they wonder if they can be printed in vanishing ink.

Former NFL star Alex Sinclair is a man who has it all–except the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress.

Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancée in return for the money she desperately needs.

Bound to a man who isn’t quite what he seems, Lucy will find her heart on the line–and maybe even her life.

When God asks Alex and Lucy to scrap their playbook and follow his rules, will they finally say, “I do”?

First time reading Jenny B Jones. I enjoyed Save the Date. It’s light and witty. Reminds me of Sophie Kinsella but Jenny infused the story with Christian values here and there. Very different from what I experienced when reading Karen Kingsbury but equally soul enriching.

I love the main characters. I think they are so cute together. Each time I read about the encounter and conversation exchange between Alex and Lucy, I had a smile on my face. They are really made for each other and complement each other so well. Can we have more of Alex and Lucy’s stories please?

Jenny also highlights a women's home called Saving Grace in this book. According to the dedication page, this is a real place - a shelter for young women who has graduated from American foster care system.

It’s a wonderful book. Do go and get your copy.

Save the Date is published by Thomas Nelson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Original Work of Fiction - A Battle Lost and Won

Book Fair - 2nd Time Around Used Books